Mr PERRETT (Gympie—LNP) (10.12 am): I give notice that I will move—
That the House:
1. acknowledges the importance of Queensland primary producers and their world-class food and fibre for Queenslanders, Australians and our trading partners;
2. recognises the thousands of jobs and livelihoods reliant on this dynamic and vibrant industry;
3. notes the ongoing desperate struggle of more than two-thirds of Queensland against the devastating drought;
4. calls on the Palaszczuk Labor government to put away its ‘austerity anvil’ that has been mercilessly dropped on the hardworking staff of the department of agriculture and the many Queenslanders who rely on their services; and— Government members interjected.
Mr SPEAKER: Members to my right, I have asked that motions be heard by the House. This is not the time to debate the motion. That will occur later in the day.
Mr PERRETT: I continue—
5. calls on the Palaszczuk Labor government to reverse their harmful cuts.