Local Hero Grants
In my role as your local State Member, I am always pleased to support local community groups and individuals through donations.
In my role as your local State Member, I am always pleased to support local community groups and individuals through donations. To help create a more transparent donation process, I have started “local Hero Grants’, which are designed to provide small donations to not-for-profit community groups and individuals from the Gympie Electorate. Four grants of up to $250 each will be available through four rounds per year. They aim to provide financial support for local groups who support our community and to individuals needing assistance to travel to sporting/other competitions.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit community groups based in the Gympie Electorate. Groups do not need to be incorporated, but must have been in operation for at least one year
- Individuals aged 10 and over who have been selected for zone, state, national or international sporting/other events. Individuals must be a resident of the Gympie Electorate.
How often can a group apply?
Eligible groups can submit one application per round. If this application is successful, only one application is permitted within the twelve month timeframe.
How much can a group apply for?
Applications are $250 each (including GST). Four successful applications will be chosen each round.
There will be four rounds per year closing on:
- 31 May
- 31 August
- 30 November
- 28 February
Successful groups/individuals will be notified approximately two weeks following the closing date.
How to apply
On one page, please list:
- Your group’s name/individuals name
- Contact details for your President and Secretary (including email and phone numbers)
- One paragraph explaining the amount you are applying for and why
Send your application via email to email@example.com or mail PO Box 1144, Gympie QLD 4570. For further information please call 5329 5100.
Funding Assistance Grants
Funding for community groups and not-for-profit organizations may be obtained from a number of sources through the Queensland Government such as the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
For more information regarding grants available through the Queensland Government.
Federal Government grants can be found on their website Grant Connect.
There are often other Community Grants available, please check with your local Council for further information.
Businesses looking for Government assistance with funding can use the Queensland Government’s Grants Finder.